Monday, June 29, 2009

What Am I Doing Here?

What AM I doing here?

Am I finally getting to pursue an actual hobby that I enjoy?

Well, I can't say that too much because my Family Nights are really a hobby that I enjoy as well.

But this has been a lifelong hobby that I never just had the right tools for.

Until now.

Thanks to a wonderful birthday gift, I have dove (dived, diven...whatever) off head first into my initial baby steps of this photography thing.

Now...I know I'm not great. Never claimed to be. But I LOVE, L-O-V-E, LURVE trying my hand at this. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, I'll have some great shots of my kiddos.

That's That.

But, because I have done my first "photo shoot" (ok, that sounds weird) and I had to give rights to print the photos to the "client" (don't I sound all professional) I came up with a name.

Moments by Billie.

Because that is the kind of photography I aim to take. I want to capture moments.

So, here's a few photos of me just learning over the last week. (Click on them and make them bigger to see some of the details.)

Once I'm done editing Sunday's shoot, I'll upload them here as well.











Warning...the following isn't necessarily the greatest picture...but it's worth everything to me.


This is going to be so much fun!

4 comments:

bec said...

LOVE the water photos! You're gonna rock, girl!

The Proctors said...

I know you are going to do so well with this!! I've always thought that you took great pictures! I can't wait to see the photography session that you took!

Andrea said...

YAY...i'm so excited for you!!! You can practice on me and Cam sometime too! we need some new pics! :)

AliciaG said...

You are doing a great job, Billie! Something I have always wanted to do as well. You have inspired me to give it a try. Would love to have you take some of me and my girls when we can workout the time.
Keep up the great work!
Happy Snapping!