Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Lessons in Lighting

And Bubbles.

Saturday when some of My Girl's friends came over to play on the Slip 'n' Slide they brought one of Baby Boy's favorite items.

Bubbles.

I just began clicking away at all of the activity since I wasn't trying for huge photographic elements here. As I was looking at what I was taking, I realized I was sitting in my own 'schooling' and learning a very important lesson.

Watch where you sit when taking a picture.

Say, under a tree.

It will create huge shadows and over expose the other elements in the photograph.


See here...Baby Boy's face disappears


At this point, I realized there might be too much shadowing, so I stood up. Better, but still not the photograph I would have been looking for if I was intentionally 'shooting'.


Shifted to one side, and Baby Boy gets darker again. Lesson learned.


To the other side...way too bright.


Walk slightly around him...odd shadows.


His sweet little face almost disappeared!


Awww...there he is! And although he became my 'lessons learned' subject for the day, those eyes...those lips...shadowed or not still melt my heart!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

WOW...he's gonna break some hearts!!!
So, know of any awesome places to take pics? I'd love to let you practice on me and Cam!!! She has changed a lot since we last had pics made and you're pretty stinkin good at this picture takin thing! :)